San Diego, CA tutors
San Diego offers more than sun and sand--this Southern California metropolitan area is home to well-known higher education institutions, as well as a range of tutoring resources. Tutors in San Diego have strengths in many different fields thanks to the colleges, universities and specialized research facilities in the area. The city's research centers host some of the nation's leading professionals in astronomy, biological sciences, nuclear energy and oceanography. Popular graduate divisions of the University of California-San Diego include medicine, international relations, oceanography, engineering, pharmaceutical sciences and management.
San Diego tutors can help students of all levels reinforce basic skills like math, science and language arts. For more advanced tutoring, students can develop the knowledge needed to succeed in the careers that drive the local economy.
San Diego Fast Facts
- In the 2011 edition of America's Best Colleges guidebook, U.S News and World Report ranked The University of California-San Diego the 7th best public university in the United States.
- The San Diego Unified School District is the 8th largest urban school district in the United States.
California State Facts
- About 67 percent of California's 4th graders scored at a proficient level on the math achievement test in 2009-2010.
- Nearly 80 percent of the state's college-bound seniors in 2010 planned to earn a bachelor's degree or higher.
- For California students taking the SAT, the top intended college majors are Health Professions, Business Management and Marketing, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Visual and Performing Arts, and Engineering.