Memphis, TN tutors
As the largest city in Tennessee and third-largest in the Southeast, Memphis is a vibrant and diverse area with plenty of quality options for those in need of tutoring. Home to top colleges and universities like the University of Memphis, Christian Brothers University and Rhodes College, Memphis offers an array of post-secondary schools that are a great resource for outstanding tutors in a wide range of subjects.
The University of Memphis has a student enrollment of more than 22,000 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 300 areas of study. Nearby Christian Brothers University ranked 24th on US News and World Report's 2011 list of top Southern universities, and Rhodes College is known as a leader in liberal arts education. Mine these rich local resources and choose from among the best tutors in Memphis.
Memphis tutors offer real-world success
If you're planning for your future in Memphis, even if that future is years down the road, consider how Memphis tutors can help you with your studies. Health care and bioscience are flourishing industries in Memphis. The city is home to prestigious medical centers like St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, University of Tennessee's Health Science Center, and the UT / Baptist Research Park, a center for lab research, education and business development that will be completed gradually over the next 10 years.
Hospitality and tourism is another hot industry in Memphis, with more than 10 million tourists pouring an estimated $3.1 billion into the local economy each year. Professional and business services also form a mainstay of the Memphis economy. The city has a top-rated business climate, and is home to several Fortune 500 companies.
Whether you're training for one of Memphis's hottest jobs, studying for the SATs, or looking for academic help for your kids, Memphis tutors can serve a wide range of needs.
Memphis Fast Facts
- Of about 7,500 students who graduate from Memphis colleges each year, 30 percent (more than 2,200) earn bioscience-related degrees.
- Memphis City Schools is the largest school system in Tennessee, with 112 elementary schools, 36 middle/junior high schools, 9 charter schools, 35 high schools, and 6 career and technology centers.
- Memphis City Schools high school seniors were awarded more than $139 million in scholarships in 2010, and the graduating class of 2011 saw nine seniors awarded National Merit Scholarships.
Tennessee State Facts
- Tennessee was home to 972,549 students and 1,771 schools in the 2009-2010 school year.
- The state graduation rate for the 2008-2009 school year was above 80 percent.
- Of 2010 college bound seniors, top intended college majors included: health professions and related clinical services (18 percent); engineering (11 percent); and business management, marketing, and related support services (10 percent).